1. Please check the PATH Foundation's Trail Alert page for updates and closings.
2. Trail Closings in Cobb County
Cobb County is remodeling their section of trail including restoring 6 pedestrian bridges, repaving the trail, and improving the surrounding areas. Sections of the Silver Comet will be closed during heavy construction, and no detours are planned. Construction will continue through the 2014 spring months.
Once completed, the Cobb section of the Silver Comet will look brand new, while still preserving its historical features.
Construction Notice PDF - important info
Cobb Silver Comet - Construction details & contact information
Updated Repair Schedule - Cobb DOT
3. Georgia DOT Stimulus Projects
- DALLAS TRAILHEAD - PAULDING - PI# 0008188 - TE-Bike/Ped Facility
- ROCKMART STREETSCAPE ENHANCEMENT Phase 2 - POLK - PI# 0006627 - TE-Bike/Ped Facility
- Project Search
- DOT Project List Overview PDF
4. The Silver Comet Trail is complete, and the trail is fully paved. The combined Silver Comet and Chief Ladiga trail length is estimated to be 94.5 paved miles from Smyrna, Georgia to Anniston, Alabama. This is the longest paved trail in America.
5. Future extension of the Chief Ladiga Trail
Currently the Chief Ladiga ends in northern Anniston. The planed extension would allow a train return route between Anniston and Atlanta using Amtrak. The Anniston Star has current articles on the Chief Ladiga progress. Just type in Chief Ladiga in their search box.