1. Trail Closings in Cobb County
Major Trail Closings in Cobb County
Official Cobb County Links - details, contact information, closed areas and closing schedules
Cobb County Silver Comet
Cobb DOT Silver Comet
Cobb County is remodeling their section of the Silver Comet including restoring 6 pedestrian bridges, repaving the trail, and improving the surrounding areas. Sections of the Silver Comet will be closed during heavy construction.
Once completed, the Cobb section of trail will look new, while preserving its historical details.
2. Please check the PATH Foundation's Trail Alert page for additional updates, trail construction, and trail closings.
3. Georgia DOT Stimulus Projects
- DALLAS TRAILHEAD - PAULDING - PI# 0008188 - TE-Bike/Ped Facility
- ROCKMART STREETSCAPE ENHANCEMENT Phase 2 - POLK - PI# 0006627 - TE-Bike/Ped Facility
- Project Search
- DOT Project List Overview PDF
4. The Silver Comet Trail is complete, and the trail is fully paved. The combined Silver Comet and Chief Ladiga trail length is estimated to be 94.5 paved miles from Smyrna, Georgia to Anniston, Alabama. This is the longest paved trail in America.
5. Future extension of the Chief Ladiga Trail
Currently the Chief Ladiga ends in northern Anniston. The planed extension would allow a train return route between Anniston and Atlanta using Amtrak. The Anniston Star has current articles on the Chief Ladiga progress. Just type in Chief Ladiga in their search box.